Leeton Local Services
Leeton ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Leeton site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Leeton Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Leeton When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Leeton Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Leeton Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Leeton ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Leeton and a Place to Meet
The leeton.town Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Leeton
Leeton, located in the heart of Murrumbidgee Irrigation Area in New South Wales, Australia, is a charming town with a rich history and culture. Here are some interesting facts about this unique place:
1. Leeton was established in 1912 as part of a government settlement scheme to encourage farming in the region.
2. The town was named after Charles Alfred Lee, one of the key figures in the development of the Murrumbidgee Irrigation Area.
3. Leeton is known as the "Rice Capital of Australia" as it produces around 90% of Australia's rice.
4. The town has a rich Italian heritage, with many Italians immigrating to the area in the early 1900s to work in the rice industry.
5. The Roxy Theatre in Leeton was built in 1930 and is one of the few remaining art-deco theatres in regional Australia.
6. The Warangesda Aboriginal Mission, located near Leeton, was established in 1880 to provide shelter and education to Indigenous Australians.
7. Leeton is home to the SunRice headquarters, which is the world's largest exporter of rice.
8. The town boasts an impressive street art trail featuring over 30 murals, created by both local and international artists.
9. Leeton is surrounded by beautiful natural landscapes, including the Willandra National Park, which is a world heritage site and home to the famous Mungo Man.
10. The Leeton Farmers' Market is held on the 1st Saturday of each month, providing a great opportunity to sample locally grown produce and artisanal products.
With its rich history, vibrant culture, and stunning natural beauty, Leeton is definitely worth a visit.