Leeton Tourism Directory
Tours and Adventures
Showing 1 Categories
Do you like the Tourism Industry in Leeton?
Leeton is a picturesque town situated in the Riverina region of New South Wales, Australia. It is a popular destination for both local and international tourists, with plenty of attractions and activities to keep everyone entertained. Here are some of the best tourist attractions in and around Leeton.
- Roxy Theatre: The historic Roxy Theatre is a must-visit destination for anyone interested in old films and architecture. The building dates back to 1930 and has been restored to its former glory. It features a beautiful Art Deco interior, and the cinema is still operational, screening new and classic films. Contact details: 02 6953 3444.
- Leeton Heritage Trail: Take a walk around Leeton and discover the town's fascinating history with the Leeton Heritage Trail. The trail includes 21 historical sites and buildings, including the old water tower, the Railway Station, and the Soldiers' Memorial Hall. Contact details: Contact the Leeton Visitor Information Centre for a map and more information.
- Mountford Park: Mountford Park is a popular destination for families with kids. It features playgrounds, picnic tables, and BBQ facilities, as well as a walking track around the scenic lake. There are also sports fields for football, soccer, and cricket. Contact details: 02 6955 8300.
- Fivebough and Tuckerbil Wetlands: The Fivebough and Tuckerbil Wetlands are a nature lover's paradise. These wetlands provide a habitat for over 180 bird species, including migratory birds from as far away as Siberia. Visitors can take a self-guided tour along the boardwalks and enjoy the peaceful surroundings. Contact details: Contact the Leeton Visitor Information Centre for more information.
- Whitton Malt House: The Whitton Malt House is a unique attraction that showcases the history of the region's beer-making industry. The building dates back to 1891 and has been restored to its former condition. Visitors can learn about the malting process and sample some locally produced beers. Contact details: 02 6933 3945.
- Warangesda Mission and Cemetery: The Warangesda Mission and Cemetery is a significant cultural site for the Wiradjuri people. The mission was established in the 1880s and operated as a government-run institution until the 1940s. Today, visitors can learn about the history of the mission and pay their respects at the cemetery. Contact details: Contact the Leeton Visitor Information Centre for more information.
- Gogeldrie Weir: The Gogeldrie Weir is a popular spot for fishing and picnicking. The weir provides irrigation water for the surrounding area and is home to a variety of fish species. Visitors can also enjoy a scenic drive along the Murrumbidgee River, which runs alongside the weir. Contact details: 02 6965 0000.
- Yoogali Club: The Yoogali Club is a community hub for locals and visitors alike. The club features a restaurant, bar, and entertainment facilities, including a bowling green and a cinema. Visitors can enjoy a meal or a drink and soak up the local atmosphere. Contact details: 02 6962 1211.
Leeton and its surrounding areas offer a diverse range of attractions and activities for tourists of all ages. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or simply enjoying some leisure time, there's something for everyone. Contact the Leeton Visitor Information Centre on 02 6953 3444 for more information about these and other tourist attractions in the region.
Leeton Tourism Articles